This is a guide for building the boot-up logo on Amlogic platforms (may be different on other SoC platforms):
- The Logo is loaded on U-Boot
- Build as
logo.imgwith a separate
- Will display at the point of U-Boot load
logo.img. It will disappear when the boot-animation of Android begins.
- If you don’t want to display a bootup
logo, just leave the logo partition blank.
Before you begin, you’ll need a bootup picture with the following specs:
- BMP format, should be:
- 16bit RGB565 BMP format
- Resolution <= 1080P (1920 * 1080)
Check the bmp file:
$ file ~/Pictures/khadas.bmp
An example bootup logo file khadas.bmp is provided for reference.
In this guide, we will introduce two different approaches to build the bootup Logo.
1) Clone the tool:
$ git clone https://github.com/khadas/utils.git
2) Update a new logo picture as you want:
$ mkdir -p images/logo
3) Build the logo:
$ ./utils/logo_img_packer -r images/logo/ images/logo.img
1) Update a new logo picture as you want:
$ cp ~/Pictures/khadas.bmp device/khadas/kvim/product/logo/bootup.bmp
2) Build the logo:
$ make logoimg
See this build log for reference:
$ make logoimg
1) Copy the new logo.img to a thumbdrive (U-disk):
$ cp images/logo.img /media/gouwa/9B98-6C15/
2) Insert the thumbdrive into your VIM, then boot into U-Boot mode.
3) Update logo partition as new
kvim# usb_update logo logo.img
4) Refresh to see the new logo:
kvim# run init_display
You might notice that there are other pictures that are also built into
logo.img. They are listed below:
$ ls device/khadas/kvim/product/logo/
These pictures are used to indicate different upgrade states. They are optional.
You can check this source code for further details: