There are 3 different ways to erase all data on the onboard eMMC storage:
- Serial Mode (For developers)
- Interrupt Mode
- CLI Mode
The operation of VIM1, VIM2 and VIM3 is almost the same, so this document will take VIM1 as an example.
- Refer to this guide to setup the Serial Tool for your VIM.
- Once again, ensure you’ve done the correct connections and setup.
- Hit any keys at the moment of bootup to stop autoboot. This step will make your VIM enter into u-boot mode.
store init 3on the terminal of u-boot, and wait for the erasure process to complete.
rebootor press the
- Use the following as a reference:
kvim# store init 3
If the erasure process completed successfully, the terminal should look like this when you power on your device:
This approach is suitable for all products that use the Amlogic SoC:
This approach is suitable for a VIM that has Linux installed:
- Power on and boot up.
- Open a terminal, and run
ddto fill your bootloader partition with zeros:
root@Khadas:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/bootloader