Extra Power Input for Vim
- THE MAIN POWER SUPPLY COMES FROM USB-C PORT, AND THIS GUIDANCE IS FOR EXTRA POWER SUPPLY.
- ENSURE THAT THE VOLTAGE OF YOUR POWER ADAPTER, IT'S 5.2V AS MAX, 2000MA IS RECOMMENDED.
Khadas VIM designed with two power supply ports:
- One is USB-C port: used for both power supply and USB data transmission.
- The other one is a 4-Pin VIN port which is close to USB-C port.
- If have to figure out a third one, the USB port will be the optional one.
Using VIN as extra power input
VIN Port spec as a 4-Pin 1.25mm port, and the pins define as following:
Tips: we haven't develop VIN cable for sale now, so this should be DIY by yourself.
Using USB host as extra power input
You might be also interested in a male-to-male USB cable to provide the extra power as following:
Tips: the USB port beside the USB-C port is recommened to used as extra power input, as it spec as 900mA, and another one beside LAN port is spec as 500mA. Check the schematic for further details.